Thursday, August 30, 2007

week 9, Thing 23: thoughts

Whew! What a learning curve for me. In thinking about the questions regarding what I learned, etc., I think I have pretty well covered my experiences and my new knowledge (pretty much everything!) in my blogs. I realize my blog is very boring right now because it is only about 23 Things, but I hope to do better shortly. It has been a crunch with other work related deadlines to complete 23 Things itself.
This experience has led to interesting conversations in the workspace, the sharing of tips for accomplishing tasks, debates about some of the sites and the useful of some of the tools and software. Recently, we also had a lot of laughter at a staff meeting as we shared some interesting and possible X-rated snafus while we searching in various areas, such as blogs themselves, technorati and Youtube. We also did have serious discussions about how we are sharing information, how different staff members are utilizing the information to organize and facilitate their work and the realization that it really took a community for most of us to work with the technology that was new to us. I think that these experiences alone are amazing in a workplace.
I think my utube video sums up my sense that there is so much out there and change will be so quick that I wonder how I will keep up. There is also a question I raised in blog about the library's role, if any, in helping teachers keep up so they can help their students to not just use these sites and tools to find the latest crazy video, but also other information that will be important for school, jobs, life. Hearing stories from my daughters and having the help of one daughter with this project has made me realize they really are in a very different place from myself in availing themselves of technology, willingness to experiement and experience in computer and technology use. However, even this dinosaur has been helpful to my teacher daughter as she has learned new things along with me. She just told me that as she now knows about RSS, she has added some feeds to her school webpage that will be helpful to her students and will be using some of the other tools also. YEA! There is still hope for me and I need to find time to play and use what I've learned and set up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.