Friday, August 24, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8 RSS and Bloglines

This was an entirely new concept for me--as has been most everything else. As I don't regularly subscribe to many sites and no blogs--I don't have time to read and respond to my email--this was exciting to realize that not only could I subscribe to some great sites related to libraries, but also to current news and easily access them through one!! site. I have shared this with my daughter Heather who is going online to sign up now as RSS was new to her also. This will also be a faster way of finding out what's going on nationally in libraries instead of waiting for the journals to arrive on my desk and then finding time to read them. RSS and bloglines will be very useful in my various tasks and I look forward to adding some other blogs and web sites for news, etc. The bloglines process itself was so easy and I found the first video tutorial (RSS in Plain English) and the sign up tutorials very effective and time saving.

Here is the link to my Bloglines!

No comments: