Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 8, Thing 18; online productivity

Again, a new world of possibilities is opened. This really could solve some problems as I switch between computers with different software installed. I joined Googledocs since I already had a Google account to use Blogger. I created a word document for an upcoming project and am happy that it will be easy to access as I continue to edit and add to that document. It took a little while to learn a few ways of working with a different tool bar, but so far so good.
I was very impressed with the list of resource tools for spreadsheets, etc. that are now available on the web. I got excited when I saw the calendar program "30 boxes" as it had been mentioned in one of the wiki sites. I wanted to know more about it and decided it will be a great help to me, not only with personal calendar organization like birthdays, but also to be able to see and print monthly calendars with work schedules. My palm pilot is great, but downloading the calendar is no longer available with my home computer, so 30 Boxes will solve my problem of seeing the month or more at a time.
These web tools could really be magic as we learn more about them.

No comments: